There are 2 modules, one for your furry friend and another for you.
Using our LORA technology, they can communicate wirelessly in a
radius of up to 4miles (5.5km).
Why can’t I scan the controller/tracker ?
If the tracker/controller could not be scanned, please kindly check through the following steps
1. Make sure you have authorized Petfon APP to use Bluetooth in your cellphone.
2. Make sure you have authorized Petfon APP to use camera in your cellphone.
3. Make sure you have teared off the film under each device.
4. Make sure you have activated the device. Please put tracker and controller back into the charging box to activate the device. Check the light color it’s flashing. Blinking blue means it’s activated and under charging. When it’s fully charged, it would flash solid green for 5 seconds and then go out. If there is no light, it means it’s power off and should be recharged at first.
5. When the blue light come up, please take them out and try scanning them again.
Why can’t I receive the verification code ?
1. Please check if the email address you typed in is correct.
2. Please check if the email is in the SPAM folder.
3. The email might be delayed due to a poor network environment, please kindly wait for few minutes, the verification code is valid in 30 minutes.
4. You could also change another mailbox and try again.
What if the charging indicator does not light up and not charging when the devices are put in the charging box ?
1. Charge the charging box till it's fully charged.
Charging box is also a small power bank which could store a total power capacity of 2600mAh, the indicator embedded in the charging box would blink blue light when it's charging, after fully charged, the light would switch into solid blue.
2. After fully charged, unplug the charging box and put tracker into the charging box.
3. Check the light color the tracker is flashing:
Blinking blue means it's charging. When it's fully charged, it would switch into green light, the green light would keep lighting on for 5 seconds and then go out. If no light comes on, please kindly keep charging it for another 10 minutes and see if it would blink blue light later, please contact us if the light never comes up. Generally, when we are charging the controller and tracker directly by charging box, it would take us 3 hours to get them fully charged. While, when we plug it to a power supply, the charging time would be increased to 4-5 hours. And also, please make sure the power supply is standard 5v, if the charging plug is not standard and the voltage does not reach the claimed 5v, the devices would not be able to get charged at all.
How does PETFON track and locate your pet ?
PETFON consists of two modules, Controller is carried by the owner, and Tracker is attached to the pet.
1. Please always ensure your Petfon APP working in the background.
2. Please make sure your controller close to your cellphone(within 20 yards) to ensure a good connection.
The controller is connected to our cellphone via Bluetooth,while Bluetooth has an transmission limit of 20 yards. When we are using controller far away from the cellphone, they would get disconnected and the whole system would break down.
3. Check your pet’s location in Petfon APP.
Petfon is applying LoRa and Bluetooth technology, when your pet is not far away from your cellphone(within 20 yards), it would be connected to the system by Bluetooth, in this condition, tracker would share your cellphone's location, the map would only show an rough location of her and says 'Nearby’.
While, when pet run out of Bluetooth range (20 yards), LoRa would be activated, your pet would be positioned directly by GPS, the map would show a much more precise location of her.
What is the tracking range of PETFON ?
Petfon’s transmission distance could be affected by the obstructions and signal interference.
In open space, Petfon could reach a working distance of up to 3.5 miles, while when we are using it in highly obstructed areas such as forest or crowded urban districts, this distance would be decreased to 0.65 mile.
Note: Indoors and extreme weather conditions not applicable.
How long does PETFON’s battery last ?
On average, the battery lasts up to 8 hours depending on the strength of GPS signal.
PetFon APP will tell you when it’s time to charge, you would receive a notification when the battery is below 20% or 10%.
It’s recommended to carry the charging box with you during a long trip. It would only take 3 hours to get it fully charged.
How does Controller and Tracker connect to each other ?
Petfon GPS Controller and Tracker are connected to our cellphone via LoRa and Bluetooth technology.
Controller is connected to our cellphone by Bluetooth, while Bluetooth has a transmission limit of 20 yards. Please always make sure using your controller close to your cellphone. The controller would get disconnected when it's far away from your cellphone and the whole system would breakdown accordingly.
Tracker is the main positioning device. When it's close to our cellphone, it would be connected by Bluetooth. While, when it’s out of the Bluetooth range, LoRa would be activated, LoRa has a transmission range of up to 3.5 miles which ensures you a long distance tracking.
How to install the Tracker ?
1. Take out a band, a loop and your pet collar.
2. Tuck tracker into the loop.
Please make sure you tuck it in the right direction, you would not be able to tuck it in from the opposite side.
3. Take your pet collar, hook band on the ears of the loop, and make the collar pass through the band.
4. Attach pet collar to your pet and you would be ready for a tracking.
Please check the following video link for a better understanding:
What is The Warranty for Petfon ?
Petfon has a one-year product warranty from the date of purchase.
If you encounter any technical problems during this period, we will troubleshoot, repair or replace the equipment for free if necessary.
Please note that the warranty does not cover damaged or lost product.
How to judge if the charging box has power ?
Press the small round button in the middle of the charging box, and check the color it light up.
Red Light: Battery low
Blue Light: Battery sufficient
No light: Battery off
Can I turn off the device when I don't need to track my pet ?
You don’t need to turn off the device, you could just place the device in the charging box and recharge them again when you don’t want to use them.
While if you are not taking the charging box with you, you could turn off the devices to save powder. Please go to Petfon APP, click "Devices" → "Controller/Tracker" → "Shutdown". The power consumption would be much less in shutdown mode.
For controller, you could turn it back on by placing it back into the charging box till it light up, or simply press ring button on the controller.
For tracker, you could only turn it on by placing it back into the charging box.
Is the APP only available in English ?
Unfortunately, yes, Petfon is only available in English right now.
We are still developing French, Spanish and some other languages version, which would be coming soon.
Your patient waiting would be highly appreciated.
Is PetFon available out of U.S. ?
Yes! PetFon could be delivered all over the world.
Currently, it’s available on Amazon in Canada and U.S. Please purchase directly on Amazon if you are living in these two countries.
If you are living in some other countries, please contact us through the following email address. We will have different sales policies for each country.
Can we use Petfon out of U.S. ?
Petfon could be used all over the world, as long as there is GPS signal.
Does Petfon use Mobile data ? Can we use it where the mobile network doesn't work ?
Petfon is tracking our pets based on LoRa technology, it's transmitting signal via Bluetooth and LoRa, not mobile signal, cellular network or wifi signal. That means you don't need to use any internet during the usage of our devices. It enables you to track our pets in some very desert areas with no cellular signal. Even if there is no cellular or wifi, our devices would run normally as long as your cell phone's Bluetooth is enabled.
What is WiFi assisted location ?
Petfon has a feature of "WiFi assisted location". In areas with high wifi density, it would help us improve location speed. After opening the WiFi assisted location, our device could automatically access the WiFi locations in the surrounding areas, and use them as reference to position itself. It would help us a lot in improving the positioning speed in WiFi intensive areas. You don't need to login or access any of these WiFi, the system would use them as location reference automatically.
Why dose controller or tracker disconnect when they are very close to cellphone ?
1. Please place both controller and tracker back into the charging box till they both light up.
No matter what color of light they are blinking, when it light up it means they are activated.
Please kindly check if the devices could be connected or not after activation.
One Red Blink means the devices are activated.
Constant Blinking blue means they are charging.
When they are fully charged, they would light up solid green for 5 seconds and then go out.
2. If the devices are still not connected after step 1. Please kindly reboot the Bluetooth in your cellphone. And then wait for another 2-10s. See if the devices could be connected or not.
3. If the devices are still not connected after step 2, please turn off Petfon APP and turn it back on. Wait for another 2-10s, see if the devices could be connected or not.
4. If the devices are still not connected after step 3, please restart your cellphone, turn on Petfon APP, wait for another 2-10s, see if the devices could be connected or not.